AUA ACCEPTED STUDENT CHECKLIST & INFO

Hey Guys~

So prior to being accepted to AUA they have you setup a user id and password through the AUA application website. This is where you will upload you transcripts, letters of recommendation, MCAT score and etc. After you are accepted, your checklist will change and reflect things that you will need to arrive on the island. After using the system I believe that it's an efficient way to keep up with what you have turned in and whats left to complete. The one thing that I encourage you to get started on is your immunization shots, funds and purchasing your passport. Since I graduated from college in the last couple of years and volunteered at the hospital recently, I was able to use my previous titer blood test. The only shot that I had to have was my TB (Tuberculosis) shot which cost me a whopping $100.00!! Majority of the shots on the list were not covered by my insurance but I believe the hepatitis shot was.

My previous passport would have expired while I was on the island and that's a no no so I had to renew it. The school requires that your passport is valid for six months beyond the dates of departure on your return ticket. They also require that you purchase a round trip ticket since we are not citizens of Antigua and we do not have student visas (but I plan on applying for one) to stay on the island for longer than 6 months. I have my two dogs and I plan on having family and friends visit so it maybe times that I will stay on the island after the semester ends. 

AUA does a good job of providing you with all the information that you will need on their website for arriving on the island ( https://www.auamed.org). I found this checklist to be very helpful https://files.auamed.org/uploads/AUA-COM-Packing-List.pdf . It provides you with a list of what you will need while in school and on the island (i.e. scrubs, stethoscope, blood pressure cuff, dress attire and other pertinent information). After your checklist is complete, I believe that 30 days prior to the semester starting I will receive my immigration letter from the school (Count down baby!! LOL!) 

At this point, I have completed my checklist, found housing off campus, and completed my financial aid list. The financial aid process is the same as the US process. I completed my FASFA, un-subsidized and grad plus loan application (which includes my counseling and MPN).  Now I'm just trying to get my bills, money (lol), moving and storage things all line up. Believe it or not this process is not easy and it is becoming rather costly (UGHHHHH). I'm also trying to get my dogs  shots and documents together, which I will share more information about this in another post. Welllll if I think of anything else I will edit this post. :)

Kay R.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LIFE ON THE ISLAND

*IMPORATING YOUR PET TO ANTIGUA*

ARRIVED!!